The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

METALLICA Secret Project?

Go down 
+7
chewie
manny
MetalGuy71
gershom
DeathCult
S.D.
Akeldama
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 8:42 pm

Akeldama wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
laughing very hard 
Yep. And the funniest part is I've never felt he was particularly good at using the wah pedal...he needs to take lessons from Robin Trower or somebody.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 9:13 pm

Yeah, I remember a long time ago reading that Robbo was his greatest influence and I just sighed.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 7:19 pm

Ian Anderson said:

Jethro Tull's 1989 Grammy Awards triumph over Metallica in the Best Hard Rock Recording category has become a thing of legend quite some time ago as one of the funniest and most embarrassing decisions of the prestigious institution.

But back to today, Tull frontman Ian Anderson was asked about the possibility of doing an actual collaboration with metal giants, and he's up for it.

"If Metallica got on the phone or sent me an email asking me to play on a track, I would say, 'Yes, but don’t expect me to come to America to do it,'" Ian told Rock Music Star. "I would tell them to send me a rough mix and tell me where you want me to play and give me some vague verbal description of what you are looking for, and let me loose.

"I'll do it and send it back to you," he continued. "If you like it, use it, and if you don't, just delete the file. No charge, no expectation, no damage done if you feel that it doesn't fit. Those are the terms that I always use when playing with other people. I never accepted a fee or a royalty from anyone in which I played on their record. It's something that I only do because I want to do it, because it is a challenge and I'm pleased and honored to be asked by musicians whether they are famous or not.

Rounding it up with a firm stance, Anderson added, "But, I can also say no too. I'm not prostituting myself. I'm not a musical hooker doing it for the cash. I don't give flute blowjobs."

Ian Anderson's latest solo release, "Homo Erraticus," saw its release on April 14 via Kscope.

Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 9:38 pm

That's awesome. And as I've said for years I'm glad Jethro Tull won the Grammy, even though it is silly, but at least they GOT a damn Grammy, so many progressive rock outfits were completely ignored.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 7:47 pm

Yeah, although I'm not completely sold on a collaboration w/Metallica due to the Metallica side of the coin but yet I know I'd still jam it as soon as it came out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

METALLICA Secret Project?
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7