The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

METALLICA Secret Project?

Go down 
+7
chewie
manny
MetalGuy71
gershom
DeathCult
S.D.
Akeldama
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 8:59 pm

I know man, but you did point out a pattern I've always noticed. Kirk's solos are so cut-and-paste, paint by the numbers, wah infested, minor scale runs brought to a crescendo with a note bent a full to one or one and a half step bend druggery. But I wonder if that's all they let him do?
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 10:28 pm

I really liked Kirk's attitude on the first few albums, it wasn't until Justice that he started repeating himself...and then by the time the Black Album came along he wouldn't leave the wah alone and he really wasn't very good at it to begin with.

But...

Solos like the one on the intro of "Trapped Under Ice" have so much attitude that I still remember them to this day.

I don't think Kirk ever set out to be any kind of guitar hero, he's pretty damn humble.

Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 10:29 pm

Quote :
minor scale runs brought to a crescendo with a note bent a full to one or one and a half step bend druggery

You've been listening to my demos haven't you? LOL
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 2:19 pm

No comment is a comment... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 2:44 pm

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 10:28 pm

I thought the vid was hilarious.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 9:27 pm

That Hitler video is starting to get a little old, but damn if that wasn't funny. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 9:49 pm

Yeah, that was worth a few giggles.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 2:55 pm

More info on 'Lulu':

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 12:19 pm

Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 1:23 pm

It seems I'm never at a location where I can see the youtube videos, so I'll have to try to search out some samples tonight when I get off work.

Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 1:49 pm

Here's a longer version of that clip:
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 2:09 pm

Ok steal my thunder chewie!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 2:13 pm

Akeldama wrote:

You have thunder? Like Thunder & Lightning, GODDAMN it's so exciting! It will hit you, like a hammer...GODDAMN!!!!

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 2:15 pm

S.D. wrote:
Akeldama wrote:

You have thunder? Like Thunder & Lightning, GODDAMN it's so exciting! It will hit you, like a hammer...GODDAMN!!!!

More like Chick Hicks from 'Cars' Ka-Chigaaaaaa!!!
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 2:23 pm

You've been............................. Thunderstruck!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 7:14 pm

Well, it actually kinda sounds like I thought it would. lol!
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 12:06 am

Those who hate St. Anger will probably hate this more. So far what I've heard is total horse shit. I at least like St. Anger.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 12:19 am

Akeldama wrote:
Those who hate St. Anger will probably hate this more. So far what I've heard is total horse shit. I at least like St. Anger.

It sounds like Lou Reed with 90's Metallica as his backing band. Which is pretty much what I was expecting, though I was hoping his voice went better with the jams.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 12:01 pm

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 2:24 pm

Somebody please take those fucking drums away from Lars NOW.

With that said, vocally, I have no problem with Lou really, and his lyrics are still pretty damn good from what I can tell here. I'm pretty disappointed with this because #1 like I said before when I heard the sample, damn it sounds exactly like what I was expecting and #2 on hearing the full track, Metallica just plays it so boring here. I was actually interested in this originally, now not so much.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 2:28 pm

This Lulu shit is going way too far now:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 5:22 pm

I swear I have tried to listen to that track about a dozen times since it first hit YouTube and I can't make it more than half way through. It's fucking horrendous.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 4:48 pm

And the fact that one of those tracks on there is nearly 20 minutes long is just frightening!! Lou rambling for 20 minutes over bad jams? I just can't see ever wanting to listen to that.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 6:03 pm

Sad thing is it'll prolly hit #1.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

METALLICA Secret Project?
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next