The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"?

Go down 
+6
MetalGuy71
S.D.
DeathCult
gershom
theJOKERiv
Akeldama
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"?   New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 10:26 am

I'd rather hear more "Endgame" and less "Th1rt3en" in the new album when it comes out.

I may be alone in this but I thought "Endgame" was their best in a very LONG time.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"?   New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 1:24 pm

My reaction to Endgame was kinda strange. First time I heard it I really liked it...but then with each successive listen the lack of depth became increasingly noticeable and eventually I just decided to shelve it.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"?   New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 12:10 pm

Endgame fell flat for me until about a couple years or more after it was released.
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"?   New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 4:03 pm

S.D. wrote:
I think I'm content listening to Rust In Peace and earlier when I get in the mood to hear them, nothing against the band, it's just none of their recent material seems to do anything for me.

I'm in the same position. Thrash isn't really one of my favorite sub-genres, but I've always liked a coupla standout albums. (Rust in Peace included).
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"?   New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 1:14 am

I'm happy owning Peace Sells and Rust In Peace, that's really all I need.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"?   New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 7:01 pm

I sure hope Dave gets Willie Nelson to guest on "The Blackest Crow".
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"?   New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 8:59 pm

Been living with the single "Super Collider" for about a week now and I liked it from the get go; kinda like "Free Ride" meets "If You Want Blood (You've Got It)". I expected the lyrics to be scientific or geopolitical in nature. I've no problem with Dave's aging vox but Johnny K pushes them way too high in the mix just like on 13. Lyrically it falls flat as Dave does what most lyricists do when trying to write Christian centered lyrics, (especially from a Jesus "supposed" point of view), which is come off as uber-cheesy.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"?   New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 12:16 pm

The song Super Collider needs a horn section...seriously.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"?   New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 2:20 pm

A horn section? Where? How? Indulge me, SD.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"?   New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 2:37 pm

Akeldama wrote:
A horn section? Where? How? Indulge me, SD.

Especially under the verse sections, but it would work under the chorus as well. It's already a very pop-oriented song, so I could hear some Tower Of Power kind of stuff mixed in there. Probably kind of a percussive style riff laid underneath the verse section and maybe something brighter during the chorus.

I'd try something like trumpet, flugelhorn, trombone, alto sax, tenor sax, baritone sax.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"?   New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 6:21 pm

That's an interesting thought and it would work well. Oddly enough Dave brought back the trumpet player that guested on 'Silent Scorn'.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"?   New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 12:23 pm

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"?   New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 2:35 pm

^^ I like that song better than the title track they sneak-peeked a few weeks back...
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"?   New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 6:53 pm

I like 'em both for different reasons but not one more than the other.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"?   New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 5:46 pm

I'm gonna really dig this album, "Cold Sweat" (from what I can tell) sounds fuckin' amazing like I thought it would, I really wanna hear how the do the solos on that one.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"?   New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 1:05 am

Heard Super Collider all the way through and it's an ass kicker of an album.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"?   New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:04 am

I think the new Deth comes out the same day as the new Queensryche disc (w/the new singer, not the ScabRyche version)... I guess Best Buy is getting a hunk of my $$ that week. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"?   New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:54 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I think the new Deth comes out the same day as the new Queensryche disc (w/the new singer, not the ScabRyche version)... I guess Best Buy is getting a hunk of my $$ that week. Very Happy

Megadeth's Super Collider is June 4th. Queensryche's s/t is June 25th, unless that date's been changed.

Megadeth will be an immediate purchase. While I'm curious to hear the new QR, I might hold off on that one. But probably not. Razz
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"?   New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 1:34 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Megadeth's Super Collider is June 4th. Queensryche's s/t is June 25th, unless that date's been changed.

Megadeth will be an immediate purchase. While I'm curious to hear the new QR, I might hold off on that one. But probably not. Razz

I just checked the release dates on both and you're right. For some reason I thought the Megadeth was later in the month.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"?   New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:10 pm

It was said by Megs that some of SC hearkens back to KIMB...ABIG!! Personally I don't hear it in "Dance In The Rain" but I really dig the album as I knew I would.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"?   New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 2:09 am

I'm sure I'll sample it on Spotify once it's released.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"?   New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 9:19 pm

S.D. wrote:
I'm sure I'll sample it on Spotify once it's released.

I'd be surprised if you'll like anything on it, Shawn. Razz
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"?   New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 11:16 pm

I heard the two bonus studio tracks today and 'All I Want' is just different, I like when bands branch out but this will take a bit to sink in. Prolly the most sex driven Megs song since "Mechanix". I dug 'A House Divided' at about the 1:50 mark.
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"?   New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 10:39 am

I need to find the bonus tracks..... I do like the album!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"?   New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 11:11 am

Haven't had the chance to go out and pick up the CD yet (too damn broke!) but I have listened to the album a bunch of times on Spotify... I'm diggin' it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"?   New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"? - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Megs Album "Modern Sounding"?
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next