The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Thoughts Thread

Go down 
+8
SpectreFate
Fat Freddy
chewie
DeathCult
gershom
S.D.
Shawn
Akeldama
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

Random Thoughts Thread - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:41 pm

It's snowing at my house. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:46 pm

theJOKERiv wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
theJOKERiv wrote:
Maiden England tour 2012!!!!! Fucking hell, I am excited!!!!!!!!! Time to plan my summer.....

I literally jumped when I got your post on Facebook haha. I'm fucking stoked for this dude! Hopefully I can afford VIP packages or whatever if they're offered. I'm definately going to this!

FYI - Maiden never do VIP packages. For ticket prices, they will probably be between 25 (lawn) and 90 (orch pit). Best way to get pit tickets to pay to be a fan club member and get in on the presales. Plus, you can enter to win first to the barrier, where you are let into the venue before anyone else and get you spot up front!

The Fan Club is doing a trip to the Camden and DC shows and everyone on the trip automatically gets FTTB.

Awesome! I was thinking about joining the fanclub today but wasn't sure it'd help me with tickets that soon. Camden would be the show I attend.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:52 pm

Metal-On-Metal wrote:
It's snowing at my house. Very Happy

I hate snow b/c I have to drive in it or else I'd love it.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 12:51 am

I love that Robert Fripp wrote the liner notes for the BGO reissues of Robin Trower's 70s catalog.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 8:48 pm

If I ever win the lottery, the first thing I'm buyin' is a flame thrower.

...so in other words, there are a LOT of people out there who better pray that I never win the lottery.
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 9:44 pm

DeathCult wrote:
theJOKERiv wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
theJOKERiv wrote:
Maiden England tour 2012!!!!! Fucking hell, I am excited!!!!!!!!! Time to plan my summer.....

I literally jumped when I got your post on Facebook haha. I'm fucking stoked for this dude! Hopefully I can afford VIP packages or whatever if they're offered. I'm definately going to this!

FYI - Maiden never do VIP packages. For ticket prices, they will probably be between 25 (lawn) and 90 (orch pit). Best way to get pit tickets to pay to be a fan club member and get in on the presales. Plus, you can enter to win first to the barrier, where you are let into the venue before anyone else and get you spot up front!

The Fan Club is doing a trip to the Camden and DC shows and everyone on the trip automatically gets FTTB.

Awesome! I was thinking about joining the fanclub today but wasn't sure it'd help me with tickets that soon. Camden would be the show I attend.

As long as you join in by the end of the week, you'll be good to go! The IMFC Mag is pretty cool too
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 1:05 pm

I was going through a lot of demos I recorded during '04-'06 and I never realized how much Stoner laced riffs I had! Gonna spent a lot of time in the studio this weekend.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 3:31 pm

Akeldama wrote:
I was going through a lot of demos I recorded during '04-'06 and I never realized how much Stoner laced riffs I had! Gonna spent a lot of time in the studio this weekend.

SWEEEET!!!!
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 6:05 pm

Unfortunately, during my "depressed cuz I didn't make it in the music biz" phase I never fully learned my recording software and I've even forgotten the basics. I'm at least grasping Victor Wooten's thumping technique on the 8 string! So far just the thumb and index finger...
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 7:22 pm

I now have two additional turntables:

Random Thoughts Thread - Page 40 Dual_110
Dual 1215-S: This fool packed it incorrectly so I ended up with a broken tonearm and headshell wire. I ordered a new tonearm and resoldered the wire back on. Never did get a partial refund from his blunder. I think I'm going to use this one mainly for 78s.

Random Thoughts Thread - Page 40 Dual_111
Dual 1219: this one had a bent tonarm that I bent back, But I ordered a new one for this, as well. The cartridge was incorrectly wired and gave off this awful hum until I figured out that it was the cart wiring and not the turntable. Sounds Great, though!

I knew that they were both fixer uppers, but the first guy really killed it!! I'm going to make a couple of nice plinths for them, too!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 9:23 pm

New FASTWAY in April! I'm actually pretty excited about this one, Jepson isn't a bad vocalist and Clarke says he went back to his blues roots with this one.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 1:20 am

I dig Kool-Aid...
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 1:23 am

DeathCult wrote:
New FASTWAY in April! I'm actually pretty excited about this one, Jepson isn't a bad vocalist and Clarke says he went back to his blues roots with this one.

X2
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 1:22 pm

Akeldama wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

X2

If it's like the first two I know I'll dig it!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 5:15 pm

I think at least one person, usually more, in my household has been sick since Thanksgiving. Children are gross. I can't wait till spring and air-out that petri dish I call home.

*Aaaahhh-choooooo*
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 6:25 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 40 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts Thread
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40