The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Top 5's - a game

Go down 
+8
SpectreFate
Shawn
theJOKERiv
DeathCult
chewie
Akeldama
gershom
S.D.
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Top 5's - a game - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 3:33 pm

We're going to need to hip you to some Tull. If it's the kind of thing you can get into. Have to really like English folk music, lots of acoustic guitar, 20 minute songs, flute solos, Monty Python style humor, etc.

Back to top Go down
Shawn

Shawn

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 4:13 pm

Shawn D. wrote:
We're going to need to hip you to some Tull. If it's the kind of thing you can get into. Have to really like English folk music, lots of acoustic guitar, 20 minute songs, flute solos, Monty Python style humor, etc.

I like all those things... What a Face
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 4:34 pm

Shawn wrote:
Shawn D. wrote:

Well, okay then!

All of their single disc remasters (and make sure to only get remasters, the original issues are terrible) are available cheap from Amazon.

A good place to start would be Minstrel In The Gallery. It's right in the middle of their "classic era", it has some shorter songs and also a couple extended tracks, it's fairly rockin' too so that may help. The title track from that album is a good example of what they were about, hitting on everything from their baroque classical influence to Barre's "near-metal" riffing.

Ian Anderson also played all the acoustic guitar on their albums and he's got a very unique style.
Back to top Go down
Shawn

Shawn

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 4:41 pm

Shawn D. wrote:
Shawn wrote:
Shawn D. wrote:

Well, okay then!

All of their single disc remasters (and make sure to only get remasters, the original issues are terrible) are available cheap from Amazon.

A good place to start would be Minstrel In The Gallery. It's right in the middle of their "classic era", it has some shorter songs and also a couple extended tracks, it's fairly rockin' too so that may help. The title track from that album is a good example of what they were about, hitting on everything from their baroque classical influence to Barre's "near-metal" riffing.

Ian Anderson also played all the acoustic guitar on their albums and he's got a very unique style.

Noted. Thanks! What a Face
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 4:50 pm

Hey Shawn, here's another piece of "Tull Trivia" that you might find interesting.

Aqualung & Led Zeppelin IV were being recorded at the same time, in the same building! It was an old converted church, Zeppelin had the small studio in the basement, Tull had the larger room upstairs.

Anderson has always said that Zep got the better end of the bargain because he didn't like the sound of the upstairs studio.

That was also the time when him and Robert Plant got into it. Anderson made a remark that he thought he could fit in well jamming with Page, Jones and Bonham, he didn't mean anything malicious by it, but Plant took it the wrong way and they've been on "non-speaking" terms ever since.

Back to top Go down
Shawn

Shawn

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 4:53 pm

Shawn D. wrote:
Hey Shawn, here's another piece of "Tull Trivia" that you might find interesting.

Aqualung & Led Zeppelin IV were being recorded at the same time, in the same building! It was an old converted church, Zeppelin had the small studio in the basement, Tull had the larger room upstairs.

Anderson has always said that Zep got the better end of the bargain because he didn't like the sound of the upstairs studio.

That was also the time when him and Robert Plant got into it. Anderson made a remark that he thought he could fit in well jamming with Page, Jones and Bonham, he didn't mean anything malicious by it, but Plant took it the wrong way and they've been on "non-speaking" terms ever since.

Cool, thanks! I love hearing stuff like that!
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 5:19 pm

Artist #7

Thin Lizzy:

1. Johnny The Fox
2. Black Rose
3. Jailbreak
4. Fighting
5. Shades Of A Black Rose-The Black Rose Sessions

I couldn't wait for somebody to list these cats anymore, that was tough, any one of those could be my #1.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 5:29 pm

Another tough one of course.

1. Johnny The Fox
2. Live And Dangerous
3. Nightlife
4. Jailbreak
5. Renegade

I became a Thin Lizzy fan because of Renegade, that's why it made the top 5. Plus, "Angel Of Death" is one of the best songs in their discography.

It hurt not including Fighting in there, but oh well.
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 7:15 pm

My Thin Lizzy

1. Black Rose
2. Jailbreak
3. Vagabonds of the Western World
4. Johnny the Fox
5. Fighting
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 7:21 pm

If I wouldn't have put a demos album on there, Vagabonds would be my #5. Good list goishom.
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 8:08 pm

Akeldama wrote:
If I wouldn't have put a demos album on there, Vagabonds would be my #5. Good list goishom.

Yes I know, Thank you.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 10:03 pm

You guys need a room? lol!
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 10:18 pm

I see that nasty bastard enough @ work...
Back to top Go down
Shawn

Shawn

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 7:08 am

Thin Lizzy
1. Dedication

Neutral
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 10:24 am

Shawn wrote:
Thin Lizzy
1. Dedication

Neutral

I literally mimicked your avatar upon reading your top 5. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Smug Prick
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 10:41 am

Led Zeppelin
1. Houses of the Holy
2. II
3. III
4. I
5. Physical Grafitti

Black Sabbath
1. Heaven & Hell
2. Mob Rules
3. Black Sabbath
4. The Eternal Idol
5. Vol. 4

Rush
1. Hemispheres
2. Grace Under Pressure
3. A Farewell To Kings
4. Signals
5. Snakes & Arrows

Pink Floyd
1. Animals
2. The Final Cut
3. Wish You Were Here
4. Meddle
5. The Wall

Thin Lizzy
1. Chinatown
2. Renegade
3. Bad Reputation
4. Black Rose
5. Jailbreak
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 11:08 am

Another Tull-less person I see.

Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Smug Prick
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 11:14 am

S.D. wrote:

Yep, and I'm good with that. Smile
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 11:23 am

Someone that worships Saga could always use a helping hand. lol!
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Smug Prick
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 11:59 am

S.D. wrote:
Someone that worships Saga could always use a helping hand. lol!

Don't be hatin' on my Saga now.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 12:03 pm

Just kidding, I don't hate on anything. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 12:37 pm

Thin Lizzy, hmm..... a band I like but own few albums:

1. Thunder And Lightning
2. Renegade
3. Bad Reputation
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 1:18 pm

S.D. wrote:

Make that 2. No Kansas either. Only one Rush album (Feedback) and only 2 Lizzy's (Dedication and Live & Dangerous). I don't like this game very much. No
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 1:43 pm

chewie wrote:
Thin Lizzy, hmm..... a band I like but own few albums:

1. Thunder And Lightning
2. Renegade
3. Bad Reputation

Ok chewie, I'll put Lizzy on that flash for ya. I'll send it off Monday.

Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 1:46 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Make that 2. No Kansas either. Only one Rush album (Feedback) and only 2 Lizzy's (Dedication and Live & Dangerous). I don't like this game very much. No

You don't like the game because your purchasing history is questionable? lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 5's - a game
Page 4 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next