The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Recommended Jam of the day

Go down 
+5
Metal-On-Metal
chewie
gershom
Akeldama
S.D.
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Recommended Jam of the day - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 2:31 pm

I lied...one more!

Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 1:19 am

This is just a really nice tune!!!!!

Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 6:04 pm

Song of the day, 4/20 2012 (for those you with a card):

Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Smug Prick
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 11:49 am

Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 1:02 pm

Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 1:48 pm

Couldn't pass this jam up:

Some funny youtube comments:

OMG, the energy coming from this band.... this is the kind of fusion you can "headbang" to......... Fucking Miles, man......

This makes every death metal band in existence sound like a pack of stone sissies.

I listen to metal and the stuff today is painting itself into a corner with the harder / faster / tougher recipe. This shows a direction it could take: loosen up the structure w/o sacrificing power or aggression.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 3:29 pm

Mick Taylor with the Les Paul Trio:
Set 1:
http://livestre.am/2Xtix

Set 2:
http://livestre.am/2Xuzg

Check it Out!!!

Proving why he was the best guitar player the Stones ever had!!!
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 3:35 pm

Weird funky electronic jam

From this comp:
http://www.dustygroove.com/item.php?id=55bpmrswrp&ref=index.php
It's a legit place, I have bought a few things from there.
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 12:22 am

Here's some kick-ass French metal:

Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 1:01 am

some excellent live Porcupine Tree...the instrumental "Mother & Child Divided". Love the poly-rhythms.

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 10:50 pm

Here's an awesome instrumental from a grind masterpiece. Pretty thrashy too.

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 12:55 am

Couple real rad spacey rock tracks from Don Felder off of the Heavy Metal soundtrack:

These 2 tracks just groove.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 1:05 am

Great soundtrack, I got it on LP when it was first released. I think I also received the soundtrack to "FM" for my birthday around the same time (it had been out for a couple years).
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 1:17 am

I was jamming that soundtrack in the car today!!! I totally dig Takin a Ride.... and yes I was playing it LOUD!
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 2:34 pm

Do yourselves a favor and watch this:

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 11:02 pm

...or not.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 11:27 pm

Akeldama wrote:
...or not.

Patience.

It's badass, I liked it so much I shared it on Facebook. Never seen anyone use a capo that high on the neck before.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 12:10 am

S.D. wrote:
Akeldama wrote:
...or not.

Patience.

It's badass, I liked it so much I shared it on Facebook. Never seen anyone use a capo that high on the neck before.

Yeah, Albert Collins is another one who capos high up the neck. There's a few others that do that I'll have to post from time to time. Gatemouth was a brilliant multi instrumentaist and his style was smooooth.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Smug Prick
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 7:05 am

I liked it as well. I just didn't want to do the obligatory "awesome!" response. Smile Gatemouth is a badass.
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 7:55 am

That was cool, I thought Gatemouth was Blues? That sounded pretty Jazzy to me, I'm really gonna have to give this dude a chance and jam his tunes for sure.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 10:13 am

Gatemouth has his foundation in the Blues but juxtaposes it w/Jazz, Country, Cajun, Swing, etc. He is far from just a guitar player as well...
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 1:01 am

Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 5:07 pm

Quite possibly the first prog-metal band. They were part of the NWOBHM, this album being released in 81. It mixes together the new scene of metal at the time, with notable 70's prog influences.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 2:45 pm

Some Proto-Doom for ye:

Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 1:21 am

Akeldama wrote:
Some Proto-Doom for ye:

Ya know, "doom" was really just a spinoff from psychedelia. many bands touched on these sounds during the era. Sabbath kind of encapsulated it all together, but I think alot of bands could theoretically moved in that direction.

I was listening to a live Witchcraft recording yesterday and they started a song jamming on "Spoonful" by Cream and then morphed it into a Black Sabbath riff prior to starting the song...the Cream and the Sabbath riffs fit together perfectly.

I think it was just "in the air" at that time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recommended Jam of the day
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Workshop :: Thick As A Brick :: Dramatic Themes-
Jump to: