The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Thoughts Thread

Go down 
+7
MetalGuy71
chewie
DeathCult
S.D.
Akeldama
theJOKERiv
gershom
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Random Thoughts Thread - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 4:38 pm

Man bro, I'm hoping for you too man.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 3:55 pm

Things are a little better today, but life is going to be very stressful for the next couple months.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 3:34 pm

Comet ISON...coming late 2013...
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 6:34 pm

Akeldama wrote:
Comet ISON...coming late 2013...

Maybe the Mayans were a year off.................
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 3:17 pm

"Somewhere" from People Hell And Angels is available for streaming.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 8:20 pm

Akeldama wrote:
"Somewhere" from People Hell And Angels is available for streaming.

Checked that out on the Rolling Stone site the other day, I have a different version of that song (I think from the Experience Hendrix box set if memory serves) but this one was even better.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 10:37 pm

It actually appeared on Crash Landing in a different version as well.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 9:30 pm

I'm writing lyrics for three songs and they are all quirky and just plain fun and one song is a funny take on a serious matter but reality nonetheless. I stepped away from my political and Christian take on things (not preachy BTW) and went back to just writing from the cess pool in my mind. I haven't done that in almost a decade or so...
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 1:15 pm

Akeldama wrote:
from the cess pool in my mind.

Thats sounds like a good lyric right there!
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 3:53 pm

Here's some pics of our redone dining area. Sorry about the crappy pics, I was using my sons camera phone:
Random Thoughts Thread - Page 13 Kitche10

Random Thoughts Thread - Page 13 Kitche11
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 9:39 pm

Very 60s looking, I dig it.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 10:00 pm

I was thinking it was very retro too. It looks kewl, Joe.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 11:54 pm

It's actually original 60's stuff. The table is from Lammerts St Louis.

Description from lisiting:
Quote :
Original 1960's vintage retro tulip dining table with a white laminate top with matching shell tulip chairs.

Vintage table and chairs are designed LIKE Knoll Eero Saarinen table and chairs. Table says “Lammerts” on the underside. Chairs are unmarked and were purchased separately from the table.
Table top is white Laminate. Table is 48" wide in diameter, and 30" high.

Chairs are molded fiberglass shell/captain’s style with tulip base. Chairs are 30" high at the back, 24” wide with a 14” tall seat back from the seat to the top of the back. Chair pads are original and are green with a removable cover. One cushion has some small holes (pictured). One of the chairs has slight crack in fiberglass on the arm that does not affect chair at all, and can easily be fixed (pictured)

The table base and chair bases have small scratches and discolorations that can be easily sanded and repainted, and the table is a little bit wobbly, but otherwise in great condition for their age. Sold “as is.”

We actually didn't think that we would win this!

Thanks guys!!! That was the look that I was going for in that room!
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 9:52 am

Very nice dining set man, Way cool fer sure.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 8:36 pm

Is Fu Manchu worth it? if so, where do I start? I've never jammed them before.
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 9:33 pm

Try Godzilla's / Eatin' Dust out... I haven't listened to it in a long while, though.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 10:53 pm

Thanks Met, will do.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 1:34 am

Spec is a big fan of theirs. I owned one album "The Action Is Go", it was fun but I think I played it twice in about 5 years and sold it.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 4:56 pm

Tool guitarist Adam Jones proposed to his girlfriend Korin before the Royal Rumble pay-per-view. A message appeared on screen, then Jones got on one knee and gave her a ring. You can see the footage on WWE.com.

Jones last performed the national anthem at the SummerSlam event in Los Angeles in 2011. He wrote on his Facebook page that Triple H and Stephanie McMahon are Tool fans and invited him to perform. Jones also granted Vince McMahon’s request for a demo tape
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 4:56 pm

Tool guitarist Adam Jones proposed to his girlfriend Korin before the Royal Rumble pay-per-view. A message appeared on screen, then Jones got on one knee and gave her a ring. You can see the footage on WWE.com.

Jones last performed the national anthem at the SummerSlam event in Los Angeles in 2011. He wrote on his Facebook page that Triple H and Stephanie McMahon are Tool fans and invited him to perform. Jones also granted Vince McMahon’s request for a demo tape
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 9:54 pm

I hate that damn autorip icon on amazon, especially when they only have one image of a certain album.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 3:06 am

Akeldama wrote:
I hate that damn autorip icon on amazon, especially when they only have one image of a certain album.

Click on the .mp3 link instead those don't have the icon.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 11:32 am

Thx, Shawn.

Man, I'm taking all the melancholy music off my iPod for a while, I gotta get out of this emotional slump I've been in.
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 12:03 pm

Akeldama wrote:
Thx, Shawn.

Man, I'm taking all the melancholy music off my iPod for a while, I gotta get out of this emotional slump I've been in.

I've had the opposite experience with melancholy, brooding music. Usually it makes me feel better about whatever's going on... stuff like Nick Drake and Townes Van Zandt puts things in to perspective, makes me realize I'm not the first to be sad, lonely, etc. and I won't be the last. You know?

A perfect example of "everybody's a unique little snowflake", I guess. geek
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 12:05 pm

It does for me as well but sometimes I wallow in it too long...I think TVZ will be an exception for me cuz he has become an iPod mainstay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts Thread
Page 13 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next