The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What you watchin' tonight?

Go down 
+7
theJOKERiv
Metal-On-Metal
SpectreFate
Akeldama
gershom
S.D.
Fat Freddy
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

What you watchin' tonight? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 1:32 pm

Still haven't gotten to "Scarface" or "Dog Day Afternoon" yet but I'm hoping to watch'em both over the long holiday weekend.

Just added another one to the pile from the library too, "Hot Fuzz" by the "Shaun of the Dead" crew.

Stumbled across "Saturn 3" (complete) on YouTube last night and ended up watching that just cuz I hadn't seen it since I was about 12 or so. Pretty cheesy sci-fi flick but Farrah Fawcett wore very little clothing for most of the movie, thus I was entertained. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 3:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Excellent film that strikes the perfect balance between comedy and also realistically dealing with the dramatic elements of the illness. Gordon-Leavitt is excellent as usual and Anna Kendrick is a joy as his therapist. Rogen is essentially playing himself, as the film is based on the true-life experience of Rogen's best friend Will Reiser getting diagnosed with cancer, Reiser wrote the screenplay.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 3:44 pm

"Dog Day Afternoon" was great. About halfway through "Scarface" (1983) and will finish that off tonight. When I started watchin' it at around 11 PM last night I knew there was no way I was gonna make it thru the whole movie in one sitting.

New pickups from the library - "The Runaways," "Godzilla" (the '98 version from the "Independence Day" crew - wanted to see if it's really as bad as I remembered) and the original "Men In Black" (which I already watched w/the kids this afternoon).

I guess I'm having a Film Junkie Weekend.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 12:51 am

I thought "The Runaways" was great, I've watched it a couple times.

Kristen Stewart is scary good as Joan Jett.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 1:38 am

I thought "The Runaways" was dog-awful...
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 1:49 am

Different Strokes. Most of my friends who saw it liked it.
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 11:27 pm

Supernatural, Season 6.
The IT Crowd, Series 3.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 5:07 pm

Tonight's Feature presentation will be "Hot Fuzz," since it's due back at the library tomorrow. Then "Runaways" and "Godzilla."

...by then the library will probably have coughed up the next couple of things on my reserve list. Right now I've got so many things "on hold" that I don't even remember what half of them are. Haha
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 7:16 pm

Hot Fuzz is fucking brilliant, laugh till you puke comedy. You should love it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 8:45 pm

S.D. wrote:
Hot Fuzz is fucking brilliant, laugh till you puke comedy. You should love it.

So I've heard! Lookin' forward to watchin' it later.

...and I just hit the library's web site to see if they had "Carlito's Way" (which you recommended to me a couple of days ago) and they no gots. Shoot. Sad
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 9:02 pm

S.D. wrote:

I liked it, even thought I find Kristin Stewart ultra annoying. She did a good job as Joan Jett. Lita deserved more screen time in the flick!
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 9:57 pm

theJOKERiv wrote:
S.D. wrote:

I liked it, even thought I find Kristin Stewart ultra annoying. She did a good job as Joan Jett. Lita deserved more screen time in the flick!

You know, most of the films I've seen with Stewart she's been very good (granted, I never watched the Twilight films). She put in nuanced performances in Adventureland and Into The Wild, plus an impressive turn as a stripper/prostitute in Welcome To The Rileys. She tends to gravitate toward indie films most of the time which I respect.

She is also in the upcoming "On The Road" which has lots of buzz around it.

For an actress that just turned 22 I think she's doing remarkably well for her age.
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 8:03 am

S.D. wrote:
theJOKERiv wrote:
S.D. wrote:

You know, most of the films I've seen with Stewart she's been very good (granted, I never watched the Twilight films). She put in nuanced performances in Adventureland and Into The Wild, plus an impressive turn as a stripper/prostitute in Welcome To The Rileys. She tends to gravitate toward indie films most of the time which I respect.

She is also in the upcoming "On The Road" which has lots of buzz around it.

For an actress that just turned 22 I think she's doing remarkably well for her age.

Unfortunately I've seen part of one of the Twilight films (not by choice, it was on at a female friend's house). After about 10 minutes, it was torture to watch Stewart's whinny, emo-filmed performance.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 11:22 am

theJOKERiv wrote:

Unfortunately I've seen part of one of the Twilight films (not by choice, it was on at a female friend's house). After about 10 minutes, it was torture to watch Stewart's whinny, emo-filmed performance.

From what I've heard from friends and read in reviews the Twilight films are so badly written and directed that any actor/actress would come off as whiny. It's quite possible more of the blame lies there, at least based on her performances I've seen in other, better films.

Take Natalie Portman for example, she's an exceptional actress, but put her in a terribly written and directed film like the Star Wars prequels for example and she comes off like a bad actress...not a measure of her talent, but a casualty of Lucas' horrendous scripts.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 1:00 pm

My wife is a "Twilight" fan so I've had to sit thru all of them thus far for the sake of family unity.

In a nutshell: if you have a penis, there is NO reason for you to watch the "Twilight" movies unless you are being forced to by a member of the opposite sex. Haha.

But anyway... "Hot Fuzz" was a fuckin' panic. I didn't quite "laugh till I puked" as S.D. put it, but I cracked up a lot.

Tonight will be "Runaways" so we'll see if Kristen Stewart is a better actress in a non-Twilight flick...
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 8:58 pm

Cowboys/Giants.
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 10:15 pm

Breaking Bad, Season 2: Episode 4
The IT Crowd, Series 4: Episode 1
Parks and Recreation, Season 4: Episode 10

My three favorite shows at the moment.
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 10:38 pm

Cowboys football!!!!
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 10:44 pm

theJOKERiv wrote:
Cowboys football!!!!

Good man! I was born into a Cowboys fan family. I like Seatlle .000000000000000000000000000001 more though Smile
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 10:48 pm

Eddie & The Cruisers
Eddie & The Cruisers II-Eddie Lives!
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 8:53 pm

NFL Football.
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 8:56 pm

Yesterday I watched Inglourious Basterds.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 9:00 pm

Metal-On-Metal wrote:

How is that?
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 10:33 pm

Akeldama wrote:
Metal-On-Metal wrote:

How is that?

I enjoyed it; it's humorous, serious, bloody, & any other adjective my mind can't think of at the moment. I'd recommend it.
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 12:09 am

Caught the tail end of the Broncos/Steelers game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What you watchin' tonight?
Page 6 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 31  Next