The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

METALLICA Secret Project?

Go down 
+7
chewie
manny
MetalGuy71
gershom
DeathCult
S.D.
Akeldama
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 6:38 pm

Akeldama wrote:
Sad thing is it'll prolly hit #1.

I doubt it, every rock station that's played it in my area has absolutely ripped it apart. It's Metallica, so it'll sell anyway, but I don't see this one being huge. Sounds like they alienated alot of fans with this one.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 6:43 pm

Hmmmm...interesting. I've yet to hear it here but then again a bona fide Rock station in these parts is nonexistent. I'll get it for the music seeing how I like St. Anger. I hope since they released this crap they'll release the Presidio stuff finally.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 7:12 pm

Akeldama wrote:
Hmmmm...interesting. I've yet to hear it here but then again a bona fide Rock station in these parts is nonexistent. I'll get it for the music seeing how I like St. Anger. I hope since they released this crap they'll release the Presidio stuff finally.

Dude, the way they play on this makes St. Anger sound like the fucking philharmonic. I don't know how you can channel VU and make it sound like you've actually FORGOTTEN to play an instrument, but Metallica figured it out. That's not minimalistic, it's just awful.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 7:57 pm

Well, yeah you got a point. Lou Reed never appealed much to me but VU is ok. The View is horrendous but I just wanna jam this once to see how it fares musically, I'm sure it's shit. I wonder what made Met wanna do something like this?
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 8:23 pm

Akeldama wrote:
Well, yeah you got a point. Lou Reed never appealed much to me but VU is ok. The View is horrendous but I just wanna jam this once to see how it fares musically, I'm sure it's shit. I wonder what made Met wanna do something like this?

I just hope it doesn't start a trend. If I have to suffer through MegaDylan I'll be pissed. I'm perfectly alright without something that mashes together Holy Wars (All Along The Watchtower)
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 8:24 pm

Oh and Lou Reed, eh....that's a tough one. Some stuff I like alot, but the stuff I don't, whew is it bad.
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 8:36 pm

I do want to hear the rest - this is just one song. I am interested to see how it fits in the context of the whole album, especially considering this is basically a concept album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 2:31 pm

Akeldama wrote:

Meanwhile, the new Megadeth, which is coming out the same freaking day, will go largely ignored by the public.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 2:43 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Akeldama wrote:

Meanwhile, the new Megadeth, which is coming out the same freaking day, will go largely ignored by the public.

Yup and that's bullshit...
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 2:47 pm

I have no opinion on this, I'm not planning on listening to any of the samples until I can hear the entire record.

Will I buy it even then? Probably not, but I'm not really a Lou Reed fan either and not much of a Metallica fan.

Hell, I'm not even much of a metal fan in general anymore.

Back to top Go down
manny

manny

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 10:40 am

I am a huge Lou Reed fan and I will buy it, I think it will be interesting but it certainly won't be the best work either Reed or Metallica will have done, despite what Mr Reed states in the press.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 12:11 pm

Manny, I'd love to see a review from your side of things once you've jammed it a bit.
Back to top Go down
manny

manny

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 9:08 am

Akeldama wrote:
Manny, I'd love to see a review from your side of things once you've jammed it a bit.

Thanks dude, I plan to give it a fair listen, btw here is a statement from Hetfield:

James Hetfield has gone back on record to say that Lulu – the upcoming collaborative effort between Metallica and Lou Reed – should most definitely not be considered a Metallica album.

“It’s definitely different,” the frontman told Argentine radio station Rock & Pop 95.9 FM. “This is not the new Metallica studio record. This is Lulu. And that’s why we named it Lulu — it’s not Metallica [and] it’s not Lou Reed; it’s us together making something called Lulu. I’m sure there’s some Metallica fans that will think, ‘This is the new Metallica record. I don’t like it. I’m scared.’ And it’s not.”

Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Smug Prick
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 9:27 am

My question is how did they poop this out so quickly when it takes them 10 years to make a studio album?
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 11:38 am

Prolly w/some surplus riffs from '90-08.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 12:11 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
My question is how did they poop this out so quickly when it takes them 10 years to make a studio album?

Sloppily thrown together improvised jams usually don't take long to record, I guess. Set-up, press record, GO!!
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 2:53 pm

"Improvised jams" can be great works of art (look at the entire history of jazz for instance)...but the caveat is the BAND has to be a good improvisational group...

...Metallica (and most metal bands) are generally clueless on improvising.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 2:55 pm

Very good point SD...very good.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 2:46 pm

Oh believe me, I wasn't ripping the value of a good improvisational jam. That dig was directly aimed at Metallica. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 4:50 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Oh believe me, I wasn't ripping the value of a good improvisational jam. That dig was directly aimed at Metallica. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lol!
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 11:22 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Aah, I shoulda caught that.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 2:54 pm

30 second clips here:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Total suckage...
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 3:58 pm

Akeldama wrote:

Total suckage...

Ummm.......... I really want to give this a chance, but some of this clips left me thinking WTF??????. A few of the clips sound promising, but most of them are WTF?

When I was in High School, I had a friend that was into Punk and anything that was off the wall. These clips remind me of listening to WHFS in the early 80's when they played tons of "Art" music - AKA, weird and off the wall. Nothing wrong with that, but I guess I need to look at this as a Lou Reed album that he just happened to hire Metallica to record it.

The truth probably is the Lou hired Metallica to be his backing band, but since Lou couldn't afford Metallica and Lars is a big fan of artsy fartsy, they decided to be the backing band and they would provide the studio (Metallica's home studio), the production budget and push Warner Brothers into releasing it if they could add Metallica to the title. Presto, deals done.

This will be Metallica's worst selling album but probably Lou's best. The album will do nothing to damage Lou's reputation but Metallica's will be, until the follow up to Death Magnetic is released which Metallica will try to make another trash metal album.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 6:19 pm

theJOKERiv wrote:
Akeldama wrote:

Total suckage...

Ummm.......... I really want to give this a chance, but some of this clips left me thinking WTF??????. A few of the clips sound promising, but most of them are WTF?

See, like manny said previously, you have to think of this as more of a Lou Reed album as opposed to Metallica. With an artist like Lou Reed, 30 second clips don't do it justice. You need to hear the full track or at least most of it to get where he's going.
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 6:28 pm

DeathCult wrote:
theJOKERiv wrote:
Akeldama wrote:

Total suckage...

See, like manny said previously, you have to think of this as more of a Lou Reed album as opposed to Metallica. With an artist like Lou Reed, 30 second clips don't do it justice. You need to hear the full track or at least most of it to get where he's going.

Well, I do have it and the Megadeth scheduled to be delivered to my house on release day from Amazon. And I am willing to give it a chance. Plus, 30 second clips don;t do any songs justice, unless it's Poison or Justin Beaver and that's all I need to know it sucks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: METALLICA Secret Project?   METALLICA Secret Project? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

METALLICA Secret Project?
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next