The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Thoughts Thread

Go down 
+8
SpectreFate
Fat Freddy
chewie
DeathCult
gershom
S.D.
Shawn
Akeldama
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 7:14 pm

a Motel 6 in Southern California is infinitely more pleasant than a Motel 6 in most other places.

Don't ever drive across Death Valley...that's what they make planes for.

all debit cards suck, cash or credit, that shit works.

LOST was not filmed primarily in Hawaii, but appears to have been filmed in the San Bernardino National Forest...and every Star Trek episode seems to have used the exact same rock formations off I-405.

I'm too tired to be coherent, so this thread is fitting today.

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:54 pm

Shawn D. wrote:
a Motel 6 in Southern California is infinitely more pleasant than a Motel 6 in most other places.

Don't ever drive across Death Valley...that's what they make planes for.

all debit cards suck, cash or credit, that shit works.

LOST was not filmed primarily in Hawaii, but appears to have been filmed in the San Bernardino National Forest...and every Star Trek episode seems to have used the exact same rock formations off I-405.

I'm too tired to be coherent, so this thread is fitting today.

Rad dude! I'm smoking and listening to Atheist's Unquestionable Presence in celebration of your conquest, the jazziest death metal that comes to mind.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 12:51 am

SD, did you stop to see the moving rocks in Death Valley?
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 12:56 am

No, I drove through that hellhole as quickly as possible.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 1:03 am

Lol dude!

If 'Load', 'Reload' or 'Risk' woulda been recorded by, let's say C.O.C. for example, would they be considered the best of their career by most?
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 1:14 am

could be, COC knows how to groove.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 1:38 am

My daughter is watching Little Bill and I've always noticed there are some kewl Jazz tunes. Exclusive to the show on it, on this particular episode they were jamming some Dizzy Gillespie that kicked so much ass!
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 1:44 am

Do some research and find titles, I can probably recommend similar albums based just off song titles.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 12:52 pm

Will do, I'll check my Dizzy collection as well.

Mmmm...frozen pizza for breakfast...
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 10:02 pm

Jalapeno cheddarwurst on a bun w/ketchup is dee-lish!
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 2:19 pm

I'm kinda getting tired of listening to the same ol' stuff, been jamming a lot of Kravitz and instrumental stuff and getting into Ambient Jazz. i still like all the bands I've always liked for the most part but even my faves are getting tiring...
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 2:29 pm

anytime you start to "wear down" on the groups you usually listen to, it's best to do exactly what you're doing...delve into other styles of music, different instrumentation, give yourself a nice long break and then when you hear the old stuff again you'll appreciate it more.

Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 2:54 pm

That's how you end up discovering all kinds of different music...........
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 2:56 pm

Ya know fellas, I jam a lot of different music to begin with and there's a lot that I have that I stupidly neglect that I'm gonna delve into.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 3:03 pm

There ya go...................
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 3:24 pm

I think this board is going to be the only one I post on for awhile, too many fucking morons on the other board.

Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 3:31 pm

Shawn D. wrote:
I think this board is going to be the only one I post on for awhile, too many fucking morons on the other board.

LOL
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 5:18 pm

Shawn D. wrote:

Like I've said before, this is home for me...the other board has it's own clique and I don't fit in. I might as well think up another username and secretly talk to myself if I were to stay on the other boards.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 5:26 pm

There was a reason I stopped hanging out with metalheads in the real world. "Open Mindedness" and "Intelligence" were not that reason.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 7:25 pm

Especially "metalheads" who got their metal cherries popped by Metallica, at least the ones I know think Metal begins and ends with them with no other bands in between.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 8:47 pm

you said it brother. I bought my first Kiss LP in 1976.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 11:20 pm

Akeldama wrote:
Especially "metalheads" who got their metal cherries popped by Metallica, at least the ones I know think Metal begins and ends with them with no other bands in between.

Hey! I think mine was and I'm totally open-minded. Oh wait, I was into Ozzy, Dio, Priest, and Dio-era Sabbath already...........
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 11:31 pm

I had some fun jamming with my old bass player, who now sings and plays guitar. I'm so woefully out of shape, I gotta start practicing in earnest again to get my chops up.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 11:37 pm

There seems to be a certain mindset that goes along with people that first discovered metal when Metallica got popular...like Metallica made everything else that came before obsolete.

Which of course is utter bullshit, because we've seen the tide turn back to the pre-Metallica style several times since. Maybe it was because Metallica had "no image" to begin with, they seemed more "street", more real.

These same jokers though, the ones that think the world began with Kill 'Em All...they are the exact same people that tore Metallica a new one when the Black album came out. Their heroes had committed "sacrilege" and dared to become popular.

(for some reason these guys never look at Justice as a point where the paradigm shifted...they did a video...which Lars had previously said they would never do...then they appeared on the fucking Grammys...and then whined like little bitches when Jethro Tull won)

Close-minded bullshit. The hardcore "Judas Priest" fans are like this too...for some reason there's a big redneck quotient with Priest fans...and the more redneck of the bunch bailed on Priest too as soon as Halford came out of the closet.

Most Iron Maiden fans I knew were more intelligent and had broader tastes in music.

anyway, just some random thoughts.

Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 11:39 pm

one more thing...the Metallica fans who bailed after the Black album...they became Pantera fans.

Rednecks seek out redneck music, always.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts Thread
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next