The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Thoughts Thread

Go down 
+8
SpectreFate
Fat Freddy
chewie
DeathCult
gershom
S.D.
Shawn
Akeldama
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
chewie

chewie

Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 11:43 pm

Shawn D. wrote:
Most Iron Maiden fans I knew were more intelligent and had broader tastes in music.

anyway, just some random thoughts.

I did like Iron Maiden before I discovered Metallica..........
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 11:45 pm

My favorite bands in 1982-1983 were Iron Maiden, Rush and Pink Floyd.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 7:51 am

Shawn D. wrote:
you said it brother. I bought my first Kiss LP in 1976.

Oh no, not another one whose cherry was popped by Dr. Love!
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 7:54 am

Good points later on though SD.

Nice to hear you jammed w/someone chewie, nobody wants to jam w/me and I'm not hard to jam with! In fact, I'm not a selfish wanker of a guitarist!
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 12:23 pm

Akeldama wrote:
Good points later on though SD.

Nice to hear you jammed w/someone chewie, nobody wants to jam w/me and I'm not hard to jam with! In fact, I'm not a selfish wanker of a guitarist!

Bummer ya live so far........ because we are going to need a second guitar player because he was severely injured in a fall and it somewhat pains him to play.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 12:42 pm

I play too damnit!!!! psycho killer!

jazzy
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 12:45 pm

Shawn D. wrote:
I think this board is going to be the only one I post on for awhile, too many fucking morons on the other board.

agreed, it's a little too incompetent over there for my tastes most of the time recently. coupled with the fact that, I just can't talk about heavy metal all the time
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 12:46 pm

Yeah man, poor dude too...what kinda stuff do you guys play?
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 12:48 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Shawn D. wrote:
I think this board is going to be the only one I post on for awhile, too many fucking morons on the other board.

agreed, it's a little too incompetent over there for my tastes most of the time recently. coupled with the fact that, I just can't talk about heavy metal all the time

Ok DC, post some stuff you wanna talk about!
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 12:58 pm

My random thought: JOE WALSH WAS, IS AND ALWAYS SHALL BE A BADASS MOTHERFUCKER!

Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 1:07 pm

Akeldama wrote:

It's really a style of bands that I don't listen to, but he doesn't have the whine most of these bands singers have: 3 Days Grace, Pillar, Revis, Skillet, Splendor and stuff like that(he showed me some youtube clips). I really have not heard of a lot of these guys(I don't listen to the radio much), but his songwriting is good and so are his songs. He was completely suprised that I had not heard of these bands.

He does, like all of us like other stuff(He's got a pic with him and Satriani and he gave me a Joe Bonamassa comp disc he made), but this is where his songwriting leads him and I can respect that.

Last edited by chewie on Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 1:11 pm

Shawn D. wrote:
My random thought: JOE WALSH WAS, IS AND ALWAYS SHALL BE A BADASS MOTHERFUCKER!

It's amazing to me that a guy that can make this much racket ended up in the Eagles...............

I wonder If I still have his live album????
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 1:16 pm

Shawn D. wrote:
I play too damnit!!!! psycho killer!

jazzy

If you ever find yourself in this area hit me up!!!!!
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 1:19 pm

Akeldama wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
Shawn D. wrote:

Ok DC, post some stuff you wanna talk about!

Yeah DC! I post stuff over here that I wouldn't post there.... Like Voodoo Funk! (Afro Music: Beat, High Life, Rock, Funk, Psych, Disco). It's a very interesting scene.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 1:44 pm

I couldn't agree more, just this a.m. I was thinking on how much balls he gave the Eagles sound. The Confessor is my fave tune of his.

A little side notes: Santana-Incident At Neshabur kicks ass! Always been a fave. Also, soloing over Jazz is a bitch unless you got the groove for it and the Diminished scale is a bith to solo with right at the moment.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 2:18 pm

Carlos was so much in Miles' back pocket. If you play Abraxas, the opening instrumental could have been lifted directly from Bitches Brew.

That's not a dig..that's a COMPLIMENT! Carlos really understood the shit that Coltrane and Miles and Pharoah Sanders were doing.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:29 pm

Too true, it wasn't till after I realized that that I appreciated 'Trane, Miles and Sanders.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 5:09 pm

chewie wrote:
Akeldama wrote:

It's really a style of bands that I don't listen to, but he doesn't have the whine most of these bands singers have: 3 Days Grace, Pillar, Revis, Skillet, Splendor and stuff like that(he showed me some youtube clips). I really have not heard of a lot of these guys(I don't listen to the radio much), but his songwriting is good and so are his songs. He was completely suprised that I had not heard of these bands.

He does, like all of us like other stuff(He's got a pic with him and Satriani and he gave me a Joe Bonamassa comp disc he made), but this is where his songwriting leads him and I can respect that.

The only band I know and like from that list is Pillar, I've hung out w/them on 3 occasions.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 5:16 pm

Akeldama wrote:
chewie wrote:
Akeldama wrote:

The only band I know and like from that list is Pillar, I've hung out w/them on 3 occasions.

That's one more than I know!!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 5:31 pm

Oh yeah, and Skillet but me no likey.

I'm debating on whether to make chili dogs or Denver omelettes smothered in salsita for dinner tonight.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 8:45 pm

Being off today and doing nothing was what I needed, I realize now that I'm literally depressed b/c I hate my job and feel stuck there b/c my attempts at a music career crumble as soon as they take shape. I'm so effing depressed...end of rant.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 9:05 pm

Rant all you want, that's what this thread is for.

Believe me, I feel your pain. That's why I uprooted myself and took off to LA, better opportunities to do something I'm passionate about. Still have to survive by whatever means necessary, but having the chance is worth it.

A "music career" is something that's pretty hard to achieve, but if you play music for the sake of playing music, then the business opportunities have a better chance of taking shape. You need to meet some like-minded folks and put a group together, even if it only exists as a practice type band. The interaction with other musicians could help to snap you out of your depression.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 9:26 pm

Maybe so, I do play just for the sheer joy but the depression over my job and how bad it sucks seems to drain my desires to work out, jam, write, hell, it sucks the life force outta me. I'm stuck here for life as far as living here and that's kewl, we have a lot more than most in that sense but there are no jobs here...

As much as I hate social networking, I'm gonna have to do it I think.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 10:28 pm

Man, I am craving a pizza! For some reason I'm craving a Red Baron Taco Supreme...
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:01 pm

The Blues was my first love, now is as good a time as any to fully rediscover it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts Thread
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next