The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Thoughts Thread

Go down 
+8
SpectreFate
Fat Freddy
chewie
DeathCult
gershom
S.D.
Shawn
Akeldama
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Random Thoughts Thread - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 11:39 pm

I noticed that too...their loss
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 9:09 am

As long as their username doesn't have emo or blood in it, I'm happy
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 9:16 am

Emoblood?
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 9:53 am

Akeldama wrote:
Emoblood?

Sounds like a user that bitches about everything, claims that any band that has been around over 10 years can't write good music anymore, that metal didn't exist until 1983, has a crappy band that after 5 years still hasn't learned how to play in time, self-proclaims they are great, thinks elmo is emo and blood belongs in a temple and love to make sure 75% of their posts make them sound like douche bags
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 1:09 pm

Lol! I know of what you speak. Bitch on, Joker, bitch on...

Last edited by Akeldama on Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 1:21 pm

theJOKERiv wrote:
Akeldama wrote:
Emoblood?

Sounds like a user that bitches about everything, claims that any band that has been around over 10 years can't write good music anymore, that metal didn't exist until 1983, has a crappy band that after 5 years still hasn't learned how to play in time, self-proclaims they are great, thinks elmo is emo and blood belongs in a temple and love to make sure 75% of their posts make them sound like douche bags

The reason this forum was created! lol!
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 1:25 pm

S.D. wrote:
theJOKERiv wrote:
Akeldama wrote:
Emoblood?

The reason this forum was created! lol!

cheers
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 1:18 am

I asked the Live Evil vs Speak Of The Devil at the other place years ago...

I'm glad you created this place Shawn...
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 1:21 am

Akeldama wrote:
I asked the Live Evil vs Speak Of The Devil at the other place years ago...

I'm glad you created this place Shawn...

It seems that most conversations have been repeated 1000 times, it happens on every board. I wish people would post "why" when answering a thread like that.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 1:26 am

I prefer Live Evil simply cuz of Dio, I really like how he does the Ozzy stuff, I think Brad did a good job as well on SOTD, I need to get that live Sab you scored, SD.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 1:29 am

Akeldama wrote:
I prefer Live Evil simply cuz of Dio, I really like how he does the Ozzy stuff, I think Brad did a good job as well on SOTD, I need to get that live Sab you scored, SD.

That live Hammersmith album is the bonus disc that comes with Mob Rules (Deluxe Edition).

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 1:50 am

S.D. wrote:
Akeldama wrote:

That live Hammersmith album is the bonus disc that comes with Mob Rules (Deluxe Edition).

Ok, and to think I thought it wasn't necessary to get the Deluxe Editions of the Dio era cuz there was only live stuff.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 1:55 am

R.I.P. Juan Epstein
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 3:40 pm

Wino, John Christ and Pepper Keenan are the guitarists I'm gonna study now and apply that to my playing. I'm through with virtuosity...as far as me playing it goes.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 4:15 pm

Akeldama wrote:
Wino, John Christ and Pepper Keenan are the guitarists I'm gonna study now and apply that to my playing. I'm through with virtuosity...as far as me playing it goes.

I can definitely understand that.

I listened back to some things I recorded last night and my playing now sounds like someone that never heard any music recorded after 1975.

laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 6:30 pm

You need to release that shit, SD. As for myself I actually came up with my first Stoner riff earlier, I just can't get the Stoner/Doom tone down yet.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 9:02 pm

Akeldama wrote:
You need to release that shit, SD. As for myself I actually came up with my first Stoner riff earlier, I just can't get the Stoner/Doom tone down yet.

Tune down to "C".

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 9:53 pm

S.D. wrote:
Akeldama wrote:

Tune down to "C".

No need to w/my 8 but I'm talking about the overall sound, Fuzz?
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 1:28 am

Warm analog distortion works best (something that imitates old school Orange or Marshall amp sounds if you don't have analog gear). Lots of single note riffs, avoid over-use of power chords...I like to mix in lots of dissonant chords.

Wino often overdubs an acoustic guitar playing the same single note riffs along with the electric, gives it a meatier sound.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 12:22 pm

DeathCult wrote:
I find it funny so many people register here and never post. We must be that scary

I don't post much 'round here these days. I'll pop in every once in awhile to see what's going on, but most of the posts are of 70's prog or jazz that I never heard of, movies that I haven't seen or requests for obsure live boots that I don't care about. I've got nothing to add.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 1:14 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
I find it funny so many people register here and never post. We must be that scary

I don't post much 'round here these days. I'll pop in every once in awhile to see what's going on, but most of the posts are of 70's prog or jazz that I never heard of, movies that I haven't seen or requests for obsure live boots that I don't care about. I've got nothing to add.

So, start some threads! This board is open to discuss pretty much whatever, so feel free to post!

Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 5:17 pm

S.D. wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

So, start some threads! This board is open to discuss pretty much whatever, so feel free to post!

Yeah!!!! What he said. It's obviously not genre restricted. I'd post some classical shit if anyone cared...... I might just do that anyway!!!!! Who cares.............. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 3:26 pm

S.D. wrote:
Warm analog distortion works best (something that imitates old school Orange or Marshall amp sounds if you don't have analog gear). Lots of single note riffs, avoid over-use of power chords...I like to mix in lots of dissonant chords.

Wino often overdubs an acoustic guitar playing the same single note riffs along with the electric, gives it a meatier sound.

So you're saying augmented and diminished chords?
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 3:40 pm

Don't ask me "music theory" because I don't know any. I play tons of chords but don't know what any of them are called, I never know what scale I'm playing, or what key I'm playing in...I do it all by ear.

I avoid the standard root-fifth power chords because if you use them too often everything you play ends up sounding like Judas Priest.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 3:55 pm

S.D. wrote:
Don't ask me "music theory" because I don't know any. I play tons of chords but don't know what any of them are called, I never know what scale I'm playing, or what key I'm playing in...I do it all by ear.

I avoid the standard root-fifth power chords because if you use them too often everything you play ends up sounding like Judas Priest.

I play by ear as well but dissonant just seems like they'd be diminished/augmented chords...

On another note, it pisses me off that Heavy Kingdom is already out in Europe and we have to wait 'til March...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 37 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts Thread
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next