The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Prog Song(s) of the Day

Go down 
+6
theJOKERiv
DeathCult
chewie
Akeldama
S.D.
Metal-On-Metal
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

Prog Song(s) of the Day - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prog Song(s) of the Day   Prog Song(s) of the Day - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 1:31 am

Chris Squire - Lucky Seven

This track has a nice fusion feel to it, definitely my favorite song on the album. There's a great sax solo by Mel Collins in there too, check this shit out.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Prog Song(s) of the Day   Prog Song(s) of the Day - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 1:52 pm

A nice mellow tune:

Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Prog Song(s) of the Day   Prog Song(s) of the Day - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 2:33 pm

Metal-On-Metal wrote:
Chris Squire - Lucky Seven

This track has a nice fusion feel to it, definitely my favorite song on the album. There's a great sax solo by Mel Collins in there too, check this shit out.

Good tune. I'm a big fan of Mel Collins so that was nice to hear.

Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: Prog Song(s) of the Day   Prog Song(s) of the Day - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 12:43 am

Not progressive rock per se, but krautrock is awesome nonetheless. The opening riff in this song is heavy as fuck, and the song is pretty dark. Message is comparable to Nektar circa A Tab in the Ocean / Remember the Future.

Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Prog Song(s) of the Day   Prog Song(s) of the Day - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 12:56 am

Message is awesome, haven't heard that for a very long time, thanks for reminding me! That album was originally issued in Quad.

Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: Prog Song(s) of the Day   Prog Song(s) of the Day - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 1:01 am

S.D. wrote:
Message is awesome, haven't heard that for a very long time, thanks for reminding me! That album was originally issued in Quad.

Have you heard their first album "The Dawn Anew is Coming"? I'm probably gonna jam that one soon... maybe after some more Nektar.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Prog Song(s) of the Day   Prog Song(s) of the Day - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 1:08 am

I have a song from that album on a Krautrock compilation but I don't think I've heard the entire thing before.
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: Prog Song(s) of the Day   Prog Song(s) of the Day - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 1:12 am

It's on Spotify, you should check it out. I've read some reviews and it's supposed to be pretty good (3.71 overall rating on RYM).
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Prog Song(s) of the Day   Prog Song(s) of the Day - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 1:29 am

Will do.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Prog Song(s) of the Day   Prog Song(s) of the Day - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 1:24 pm

An instrumental from this album:
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: Prog Song(s) of the Day   Prog Song(s) of the Day - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 5:26 pm

I've never been much into Caravan, and that song didn't really help their case. Not bad per se, but nothing I'd feel the need to check out any further.
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: Prog Song(s) of the Day   Prog Song(s) of the Day - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 2:31 am

Metal-On-Metal wrote:
I've never been much into Caravan, and that song didn't really help their case. Not bad per se, but nothing I'd feel the need to check out any further.

lol, not even a week ago I gave the album "In the Land of Grey and Pink" a listen and enjoyed it. Take that, past me!
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: Prog Song(s) of the Day   Prog Song(s) of the Day - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 2:28 am

I've still got the last 2 minutes of this song stuck in my head.

The Space... by Marillion.
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: Prog Song(s) of the Day   Prog Song(s) of the Day - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 2:23 am

One part prog, one part space rock, one part electronic, and one part awesome:

Ozric Tentacles - Feng Shui
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Prog Song(s) of the Day   Prog Song(s) of the Day - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:27 pm

"Gypsy Dancer" by Necromandus (1973). Lovely guitar sound on this recording and some nice chord choices.

Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Prog Song(s) of the Day   Prog Song(s) of the Day - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 1:31 am

Too bad this line up only lasted one album. It would have been interesting to see what they evolved into.

Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Prog Song(s) of the Day   Prog Song(s) of the Day - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 1:10 am

Not a "song", but (almost) the full album "Air Cut" by Curved Air (1973). The last song is chopped off a bit early. Oh well, I'm definitely going to have to get a copy of this one, it's great! Harder hitting than their first 3 albums. This is the lineup with Eddie Jobson.

Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Prog Song(s) of the Day   Prog Song(s) of the Day - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 2:32 am

Excellent "Vintage Prog" band from Sweden. Gavin Harrison of Porcupine Tree raved about Beardfish in an interview so I had to check them out...he was right, they are great.

Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Prog Song(s) of the Day   Prog Song(s) of the Day - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 1:17 pm

"Dollars/For A Few Dollars More" by Rare Bird (1973). Based off the Ennio Moriccone scores.

Awesome summer jam!

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Prog Song(s) of the Day   Prog Song(s) of the Day - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 2:14 pm

Love that Rare Bird tune.,
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Prog Song(s) of the Day   Prog Song(s) of the Day - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 3:24 pm

Time for a Proggy kick-ass Kansas tune!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Prog Song(s) of the Day   Prog Song(s) of the Day - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 7:48 pm

S.D. wrote:
"Dollars/For A Few Dollars More" by Rare Bird (1973). Based off the Ennio Moriccone scores.

Awesome summer jam!

This track was AWESOME!

I look forward to the rest of the album.
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: Prog Song(s) of the Day   Prog Song(s) of the Day - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 1:49 am

KILLER Camel live performance!

Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Prog Song(s) of the Day   Prog Song(s) of the Day - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 1:53 am

Camel has quickly become of of my very favorite Prog bands.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Prog Song(s) of the Day   Prog Song(s) of the Day - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 11:05 am

Without a doubt Camel is one of the greatest Prog bands. Great stuff, Met.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prog Song(s) of the Day   Prog Song(s) of the Day - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prog Song(s) of the Day
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next