The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Thoughts Thread

Go down 
+7
MetalGuy71
chewie
DeathCult
S.D.
Akeldama
theJOKERiv
gershom
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 8:19 am

chewie wrote:
Akeldama wrote:
C'mon guys! Where are y'all?

I've been on vacation and out of state. I'll post some pics later.

Good for you bro...
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 1:07 pm

I feel like Zombie Jesus ridin' his pet dinosaur to the Creationism Fair!

Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 Jesus-dinosaur
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 3:08 pm

What the hell kind of coloring book is that?
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 3:14 pm

Akeldama wrote:
What the hell kind of coloring book is that?

I think it's a joke on the "Creationism" view, you know, the earth is less that 5000 years old, we used to have pet dinosaurs, all science is wrong.

Morons, in other words.

Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 053-Creationism-because-its-a-lot-easier-to-read-one-book-than-a-bunch-of-hard-ones-bible-creationists-dinosaurs-reading-science-willful-ignorace
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 5:45 pm

Yeah that's cool, I can't wait to hang with Jesus and ride on dinosaurs. This is a good reason to want to go to heaven. I want one of those coloring books too, nah, I can just make my own, I got a really good imagination. I always wanted a stegosaurus, maybe if I be really good and don't treat people like crap, Sandy Claws and the Easter Beaver will put in a good word for me, cause I think I've earned the right to ride a freaking dinosaur too. YEE HAW!! cheers
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 7:27 pm

laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 8:55 pm

Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 RaptorJesus

Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 8:05 pm

Alice Cooper's early 80's period is easily one of his best.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 8:17 am

DeathCult wrote:
Alice Cooper's early 80's period is easily one of his best.

Indeed. I'm making a playlist of his late 70s "solo" to early 80s and Zipper Catches Skin is one of my fave Coop albums.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 1:54 pm

Why does Shawn keep posting shit that I end up buying??????

I have vinyl versions of Louisiana Slim and Bad Walking Woman on order from Discogs.................
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 8:38 pm

I'm really liking High on Fire, I think it's cool how much the singing dude sounds like Lemmy.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 9:16 pm

gershom wrote:
I'm really liking High on Fire, I think it's cool how much the singing dude sounds like Lemmy.

Matt Pike (guitarist/vocalist) sounds like Lemmy's kid. They are friends and have done interviews together in the past.

I love High On Fire, discovered them in 2006 and I've been a fan ever since. The new album is killer.

Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 6:37 am

S.D. wrote:
gershom wrote:

Matt Pike (guitarist/vocalist) sounds like Lemmy's kid. They are friends and have done interviews together in the past.

I love High On Fire, discovered them in 2006 and I've been a fan ever since. The new album is killer.

Yeah really impressed with these dudes, only heard one track off the new one (posted here) and it sounds good, so far Blessed Black Wings and Death is This Communion I've been jamming a lot, really damn good stuff.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 2:23 am

Here's a project I finally finished. This is a Pioneer SX-450 Receiver that was given to me about a month ago. All but one light was burnt out and it had a crappy vinyl veneer wood grain on it.

I forgot to do a before picture. Here's one off of the interwebs:
Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 SX450

I replaced all the bulbs, stripped the venner off and repainted it with texutred black spray paint and also replaced the side panels with two pine pieces that I had laying around(stained those). I'm not completely happy with the side panels, but it will do, for now. If the Boys can clean a place off for it, it will go in their room. I was also given a Pioneer Turntable, Cassette deck and I bought some Yamaha bookshelf speakers for cheap off of craigslist for it. It's good to go!

Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 Photo110
Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 Photo111

Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 12:40 pm

I used to have a very similar model Pioneer to that one. Nice work!

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 5:16 pm

R.I.P. Dick Clark...
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 7:23 am

It pisses me off that on the 30th Ann'y of Nazareth-Hair Of The Dog they combined 'Beggars Day' and 'Rose In The Heather' into one song.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 10:02 am

The people on the news are fucking irritating. "What appears to be 2 adult beverages" any idiot knows it's a wine glass.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 10:24 am

Woke up, smoked, ate some Smorz and watched some Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Then 20 minutes on the elliptical. Pretty good morning.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 11:38 am

Nice morning indeed, DC. I came home after an hour of work and ate a bacon sammich and Malt-O-Meal.
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 6:52 am

DeathCult wrote:
Woke up, smoked, ate some Smorz and watched some Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Then 20 minutes on the elliptical. Pretty good morning.

Nice man, I've been watching some old school Ninja Turtles too, is is just me or was April O'Neil pretty hott for a cartoon chick.
Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 500ful10
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 9:11 am

gershom wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

Nice man, I've been watching some old school Ninja Turtles too, is is just me or was April O'Neil pretty hott for a cartoon chick.
Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 500ful10

Indeed she was Very Happy . One of the best parts of the cartoon.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 2:41 pm

I had hoped seeing MASTODON live would finally push me all the way over the edge into being a fan...but unfortunately it just amplified the problems I already had with them.

Their 70 minute set felt like 4 hours by the time it ended, about 6 songs really stood out...but the rest just bulldozed along with no dynamics and it all blurred together into a boring mess.

Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 3:55 pm

I've been told by some friends that Mastodon's live shows vary. Some nights they're on fire, while others just plod along. They're a talented group, but their live chops aren't very tight.

I'm not too familiar with their catalog pre-Crack the Skye, so I'm not sure how much of the setlist I would know (and enjoy) before going to the show.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 4:00 pm

Metal-On-Metal wrote:
I've been told by some friends that Mastodon's live shows vary. Some nights they're on fire, while others just plod along. They're a talented group, but their live chops aren't very tight.

I'm not too familiar with their catalog pre-Crack the Skye, so I'm not sure how much of the setlist I would know (and enjoy) before going to the show.

The setlist was almost entirely "The Hunter". In addition they played 2 songs from Crack The Skye, 1 from Blood Mountain and 2 from Leviathan.

Mastodon and Opeth played the same length sets (70 minutes), however in that same period of time Mastodon played 17 songs and Opeth did 9. LOL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts Thread
Page 3 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next