The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread

Go down 
+7
gershom
MetalGuy71
Akeldama
Fat Freddy
Stender
DeathCult
S.D.
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Stender
Delicious Vomit
Stender

The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 12:30 pm

What if she reads this accidentally when surfing on the google?
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 12:57 pm

If his Mom hangs out at Detuned's Domain, I'd be more considered with content in other threads.

Laughing

or videos like this personal favorite...

Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 8:13 am

Nice one Detuned, that helps take the edge off of hating work and having anal dildos for bosses, not much beats a good old fashion jiggle. It's like that first drink of a cold beer after a hard days work, refreshing. Muchos Grassyass!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 1:03 am

My job just closed up shop for good.
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 8:17 am

DeathCult wrote:

Sorry to hear that man, I hope that something better comes along.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 2:10 pm

DeathCult wrote:

Just become a custodian, we survive job cuts like cockroaches survive nuclear fallout.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 10:27 am

Akeldama wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

Just become a custodian, we survive job cuts like cockroaches survive nuclear fallout.

Well, I had two jobs, both just closed within a week of each other, now I'm fucked DIE YOU BASTARD!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 7:02 pm

How's everybody's job situations workin' out? I'm still in the same place, same sh*t, different day. Still lookin' at the want ads and the job sites and what have you but it's becoming a bit discouraging to be sending in applications by the bushel without ever getting even a lousy "fuck off" e-mail in return.

On the other hand, at least I haven't gotten any more suggestions from my Mom and "The Google" lately.

Seriously folks, this is gettin' to be a fuckin drag. One day last week I got my daily "Jobs That Match Your Criteria" e-mail from CareerBuilder and one of them was... Assistant Manager at a Chuck E. Cheese.

I didn't know whether I should laugh at that, or be insulted.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 7:28 pm

Well, it sounds like a move might be in order at some point. Also, Careerbuilder can only take you so far.

One way to do it would be to pick companies that you "want" to work for, do a little research on them to find out what they're all about. Then try to meet some people that work there (add the company as a friend on facebook, etc). If you can meet an actual person that is already employed, you can often get the inside track on jobs that might only pass around the internal channels (a large majority of open positions get taken by internal employees...but that means their lower level jobs become open and need to be filled).

An email from a current employee, with your resume attached, goes a long way to getting hiring managers to pick up the phone and call.

My situation: I was hoping to really kick the job hunt into gear this week, but I've spent so much time and energy in finding a fucking apartment that I didn't get much accomplished. That appears to be almost over and I can now spend the weekend going out and getting the lay of the land and figure out the best ways to tackle this rather large beast I just got swallowed by.

I'll probably have limited access to internet until next week (though there is a library across the street with lots of computers), but I've got alot of "foot to pavement" stuff I can handle in the interim.

Having an actual place (and not blowing $50 per day on a motel room) will help out the stress factor IMMENSELY!
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 2:30 pm

In a nutshell, where I work they are putting us on night shift and weekends...I could go on a rant and say how it'll never work but...I need a new job me thinks.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 9:52 pm

Shawn D. wrote:
Well, it sounds like a move might be in order at some point. Also, Careerbuilder can only take you so far.

Believe me, the idea has been floated. Don't know if it's in the realm of possibility, but I swear to God, I would have no problem with getting the fuck out of New Jersey. Wife, kids and mortgage company might have something to say about it though. Very Happy If I were single and childless, I would've been out of this fuckin' state so fast by now that I would've left a vapor trail behind me.

Quote :
One way to do it would be to pick companies that you "want" to work for, do a little research on them to find out what they're all about. Then try to meet some people that work there (add the company as a friend on facebook, etc). If you can meet an actual person that is already employed, you can often get the inside track on jobs that might only pass around the internal channels (a large majority of open positions get taken by internal employees...but that means their lower level jobs become open and need to be filled).

An email from a current employee, with your resume attached, goes a long way to getting hiring managers to pick up the phone and call.

I've been trying to do some research on other companies in the area but it's a slow go. Unfortunately a lot of the "industry" in New Jersey tends to be medical/pharmaceutical related, which is a field I know diddly squat about. My office is in a large industrial park so a couple of weeks ago just for shits and giggles I drove around and wrote down the names of a bunch of the other companies in there, then looked'em up on line... a lot of cosmetics, industrial chemicals (well, hey, it is New Jersey after all), plastics, stuff like that. Again, things about which I know nil.

On the other hand, things may be looking up slightly on the home front... my wife is on the way to becoming Gainfully Employed again after 2+ years. She recently finished training to become a Home Health Aide and she should be licensed and ready to go within another week or two. So at least there'll be some other income coming into the house aside from my own. It's not a cure-all, but at least it's something.

*SIGH* I dunno... Maybe that Chuck E. Cheese gig wouldn't be so bad after all.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 2:00 am

FF, you can always give me a ring sometime and we can bounce some ideas back and forth. I'll PM you my phone number.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 6:16 pm

My wife's "provisional" license to work as a Home Health Aide came thru today, she'll probably be working by the weekend... so hey, we're not a one income family anymore. Woot. Pabsts all around.

Meantime, I got what was probably my 40th call today asking me if I'd be interested in a job selling life insurance. Sigh.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 6:28 pm

Insurance companies are the only people calling...and it's all scams...like the entire insurance business.

The job hunt is kind of stuck in first gear with me as well, so I'm going to go out and have a few beers this evening.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 6:33 pm

Shawn D. wrote:
Insurance companies are the only people calling...and it's all scams...like the entire insurance business.

The job hunt is kind of stuck in first gear with me as well, so I'm going to go out and have a few beers this evening.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I now Google every company that contacts me.... it keeps me from getting my hopes up too high. Very Happy I swear the insurance companies must simply hit up everybody that posts their shit on Careerbuilder or Monster. I have no experience with (or interest in) the insurance industry, yet they keep calling me or e-mailing me telling me that they think I'd make great management material. Yeah, whatever. Suck it Scam Boy!

It seems like any time I make a change/tweak to my resume the calls start up again...making edits to my info must bring me to the top of the list again or something. Maybe I should add a line at the bottom saying "INSURANCE COMPANIES, STOP CALLING ME -- I'M NOT FUCKIN INTERESTED!! lol!

I have a few Pabsts in the fridge and I do believe they're calling my name too... but I gotta wait till the young'ins are in bed. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 10:01 am

Half way through my 7 day work week, what a drag.
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 3:36 pm

Working on a weekend should be outlawed.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 2:29 pm

I've got an interview with Midas on wednsday. Hopefully since it's a new facility, all goes well.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 2:32 pm

Good luck man...
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 2:39 pm

Akeldama wrote:
Good luck man...

Thanks dude!
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 3:36 pm

DeathCult wrote:
I've got an interview with Midas on wednsday. Hopefully since it's a new facility, all goes well.

Just show em' your Midas touch and all will be well man.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 6:17 pm

After going through the chain of command, HR and even a state union I'm going to contact the Division Of Civil Rights to hopefully open up an investigation on the shit hole I work at...too much nepotism, favoritism and other shit that either I do that or end up pulling a few windpipes outta people's throats.
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 6:36 pm

Wait till I'm there to do the "windpipe pulling" I don't wanna miss that, but it will have to wait as I am planning on being sick tomorrow, Ha stupid bastards, see how they like that one.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 8:01 pm

You dirty dog...good for you man.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 8:34 pm

I'm on VACATION this week.......YESSSSS!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next