The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread

Go down 
+7
gershom
MetalGuy71
Akeldama
Fat Freddy
Stender
DeathCult
S.D.
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 9:21 am

S.D. wrote:
I love Toyota but HATE working on them. I've owned a couple. I had to change the starter on my Corolla once and the only way to get to it was to remove the heat exchanger and exhaust manifold. Ugh!

I have a Toyota Highlander, thankfully I don't need to do much more than change the oil on it! And that was interesting the first time I changed it - it has a filter cartridge and not the old style filter, so when you change the cartridge you have to drain the oil of the cartridge holder or you'll get a nice little spill.....

BTW - changing spark plug on it is a 4 hour job...... thankfully they put in 120,000 mile plugs!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 10:30 am

I'm not mechanically inclined so a friend of mine does it for me @ a good price.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 12:35 pm

DeathCult wrote:
chewie wrote:
Saturns are the way to go!!!! I've had mine since 2000(it's a 1997) and it's even been stolen(and luckily) recovered once. They definitely go the distance, that's why I was surprised when GM let them die. Best longlasting car they ever made!

That's funny, you must've got a good one. I see Saturn's ALOT, and they're mostly piles of shit. Well, not engine wise, there's just alot of stupid shit that goes wrong with them.

Weren't they were acquired by GM at some point(they used to be a stand alone company, I beleive)? I wonder if those vehicles are before or after the acquisition..........
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 1:41 pm

chewie wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
chewie wrote:
Saturns are the way to go!!!! I've had mine since 2000(it's a 1997) and it's even been stolen(and luckily) recovered once. They definitely go the distance, that's why I was surprised when GM let them die. Best longlasting car they ever made!

That's funny, you must've got a good one. I see Saturn's ALOT, and they're mostly piles of shit. Well, not engine wise, there's just alot of stupid shit that goes wrong with them.

Weren't they were acquired by GM at some point(they used to be a stand alone company, I beleive)? I wonder if those vehicles are before or after the acquisition..........

They were always owned by GM, but operated as their own company. When that didn't work and sales didn't meet expectations, GM stopped letting them act like their own company and the later Saturn's were just Chevys marketed as Saturn (like all GM products are now a days - same product, different name plate)
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 1:52 pm

theJOKERiv wrote:
chewie wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
chewie wrote:

They were always owned by GM, but operated as their own company. When that didn't work and sales didn't meet expectations, GM stopped letting them act like their own company and the later Saturn's were just Chevys marketed as Saturn (like all GM products are now a days - same product, different name plate)

Thanks for the info, I didn't know that!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 7:33 pm

chewie wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
chewie wrote:

Well, they've always been owned by GM actually. Saturn just had it's own plants and designs up until 2000 when GM closed the seperate plants and started integrating their ideas into the cars. So actually yeah, since I only see post 2000 models, it makes sense they're screwed up. As far as letting the brand die, when they went into those bailout hearings they had to drop 4 brands. They chose Saturn, Saab, Pontiac and Hummer based on sales. Originally Penske was supposed to be buying Saturn and have Nissan produce the cars, but it fell through.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 11:02 am

I got fired, fuck that place.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Smug Prick
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 12:08 pm

DeathCult wrote:

You did say today was going to suck.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 12:29 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

You did say today was going to suck.

Yeah, I knew it was coming. Actually I'm happier to be out of there then to keep that job. It really sucked. Being let go wasn't that bad, the boss is a gigantic ass so I figured it was going to be worse though.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 1:10 pm

DeathCult wrote:

Sorry to hear that, DC.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 1:13 pm

DeathCult wrote:

That sucks!!
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 2:04 pm

Wow - that SUCKS DC!!!!
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 10:40 pm

Damn DC, I hope something better comes along man, sometimes crap like this is for the best.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 3:08 pm

That totally bites the cosmic moose dick, DC. Hope somethin' opens up for you quickly...

But if it makes you feel any better I hate my fucking job more than ever right now.

I put in an application for a new position at my company last week -- "office assistant" in the digital news division, i.e. the internet department. I figure I might as well try and pursue other positions in the place I'm already working at, cuz quite frankly I've been applying to shit on the Monster.com and CareerBuilder.com merry go rounds for almost a year now and getting nowhere, so I'm really starting to feel like I'm pissing into the wind.

Anyway, I just got a call (at home, on my day off) from this crunt in H.R. (who sounded young enough to be my fuckin DAUGHTER for Christ's sake) who sez that she was sorry but I don't meet the requirements for the position cuz I don't have "Administrative Experience."

Waitaminnit, waitaminnit... I don't have enough "experience" to be a fucking OFFICE ASSISTANT? What the FUCK? "Office Assistant" is basically what I've been DOING there for more years than I'd like to admit, just in a different department.

Nevermind that I've probably been working for that fucking company longer than this H.R. chippie has been alive, but apparently since I don't have an M.B.A., don't wear a fucking suit and tie and don't go around doing PowerPoint presentations for clients every day, that means I'm shit out of luck.

Fuck this place. I need a drink.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 4:21 pm

Sorry to hear that man, inter-office transfers should be easier than that. Sounds like that company sucks.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 4:47 pm

S.D. wrote:
Sorry to hear that man, inter-office transfers should be easier than that. Sounds like that company sucks.

Yeah, they do. And yet I've gotta go back there tomorrow and pretend I'm happy to be there, when all I wanna do is take a fucking flamethrower to the place....
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 6:04 pm

Sounds like me, FF.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 6:44 pm

Akeldama wrote:
Sounds like me, FF.

You want to go halfsies on a flame thrower? I'll use it Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, and you can use it Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Wednesday it can rest. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 8:25 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Akeldama wrote:
Sounds like me, FF.

You want to go halfsies on a flame thrower? I'll use it Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, and you can use it Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Wednesday it can rest. Very Happy

Hell I'll chip in. I've got alot of shit to burn. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 8:31 pm

Woohoo! LET'S BURN THIS MOTHAFUCKA DOWN Y'ALL!!
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 9:05 pm

Man I like all these ideas, I gotta few bridges to burn as well.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:59 am

Fire cures everything. EVERYTHING.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:38 pm

Ooooooh, oooooooh! I'm in. I need to burn some shit DOWN!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:59 pm

Fire! Fire! hu hu hu
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:05 pm

BUUUUURRRRRRRNNNNN!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next