The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...

Go down 
+6
theJOKERiv
corplhicks
chewie
Fat Freddy
Akeldama
S.D.
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
corplhicks

corplhicks

a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 3:51 pm

Uncle Sax is a fairly provocative guy, it seems.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 6:01 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Uncle Sax is a fairly provocative guy, it seems.

I think he's off his meds.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 7:21 pm

Yeah, I've met him in person a couple times, he's one of those people that is always walking the razors edge. Kind of like unstable nitroglycerin.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks

corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 8:12 pm

Wow i did not know this.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 11:55 pm

Don't get me wrong, he's a helluva nice guy...but as someone that has had to deal with sometimes nuclear emotions myself, I can recognize the signs.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks

corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 2:24 am

Yeah I really like his posts and he has a ton of knowledge to share. I'm hopeful he would never get violent or anything. Can't say he's carrying much logic with him at the moment, and I'm not saying that because I disagree with him (I'm riding the fence with this issue), just that his arguments are mostly incoherent and emotional.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks

corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 8:35 pm

TIL there are people who think Number of the Beast is overrated and overhyped.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 1:01 pm

You know who thinks The Number Of The Beast is overrated? Stupid young people in their late teens and early 20s. To really appreciate how great that album is you needed to have heard it WHEN it came out in 1982, to truly understand the context. Yes, that makes me sound like a condescending old prick...I am...but I'm unapologetic about it at least.

Iron Maiden threads on that board always devolve into "opinion pissing matches" about filler songs, where the albums rank, when they "lost it", what genre they fall into, how all their new music is boring, whether they are prog or not, etc.

You know, all the annoying bullshit that comes from a getting a bunch of metal heads together.
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 3:45 pm

No shit....... Overrated my ass.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 6:32 pm

I just rolled my eyes and stayed outta that thread.
...I could just picture Joker reading it and goin' "AWWW SHIT! IT'S ON! SOMEBODY HOLD ME BACK!" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 7:47 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I just rolled my eyes and stayed outta that thread.
...I could just picture Joker reading it and goin' "AWWW SHIT! IT'S ON! SOMEBODY HOLD ME BACK!" Very Happy

lol!

Pretty much, especially once temple of douche juice jumped in...... Wicker man a weak song my ass..... The guy has never written a riff as good as Maiden's worse riff.
Back to top Go down
Stender
Delicious Vomit
Stender

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 9:51 pm

I hung out with sax a few weeks ago again and we talked a bit about HOM. He pretty much admitted to trolling out on that site himself since I hadn't been around for over a good year now. Coolest dude, but never heard of someone trolling a forum they basically helped create in a lot of ways..haha.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks

corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 12:59 am

See, I used to think Sax was a troll in the beginning before learning he was one of the gods of HOM. So I suppose this isn't too surprising. So that begs the question, is he really out of his mind or just a troll??

As for Maiden, you're right Shawn teenagers with a narrow musical vocabulary seem to disregard the band as a weak effort because of historical context, and it's downright annoying. What makes it more bizarre for me is that I wasn't there; I didn't hear Number until the 90's, but the impact was huge! So I don't understand the contemporary opinions of "Maiden is metal enough," or however it's phrased, because it was like slip n sliding across a razor when I heard it.

There seem to be people who just choose to not like something that's commonly liked, and they do it simply to be different, not to be critical of the art in question. Thus standards or common threads are abandoned for the sake of narcissistic behavior. Kind of like a kid I knew when working Starbucks. He could list of a hundred obscure indie artists in a minute flat. When I asked him to sing one of the songs from any one of those bands listed, he locked up.

I can understand if someone doesn't really enjoy Beast too much, but to call it overhyped and overrated when it is FACTUALLY a piece of history and one of the greatest influences of contemporary metal music goes way beyond ignorance.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 12:13 am

Guys, keep an eye out for Short-Fuse starting more shit, I am so ready to ban that fucktard (again). He's a total piece of shit. He's already been banned at least twice under different usernames (most famously Troublemagnet) and I'm ready to kick his racist, homophobic ass to the curb yet again.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks

corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 12:36 pm

His obsession with Keith tends to go into overdrive too.

Yeah he really needs to go.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 3:06 pm

Yea, that mofo creeps me out.
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 3:52 pm

I'll keep an eye on him..... somewhat of a douche
Back to top Go down
Stender
Delicious Vomit
Stender

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 4:01 pm

Ohhhhh troublemagnet.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 5:05 pm

Stender wrote:
Ohhhhh troublemagnet.

Makes sense now, right?

Back to top Go down
Stender
Delicious Vomit
Stender

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 6:35 pm

S.D. wrote:
Stender wrote:
Ohhhhh troublemagnet.

Makes sense now, right?

Yup
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 7:50 pm

Dude should call himself Short Penis, cuz he's definitely overcompensating for **something.**
Back to top Go down
corplhicks

corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 10:38 pm

Looks like he high-tailed it for the time being.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 11:50 am

corplhicks wrote:
Looks like he high-tailed it for the time being.

Yeah, that's how he operates. He pops up, irritates the f*ck out of everybody, and then disappears for a while till he's ready to irritate again.

...kinda like a canker sore. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 11:12 pm

more like herpes
Back to top Go down
corplhicks

corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2014 12:24 am

Lawl!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next