The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...

Go down 
+6
theJOKERiv
corplhicks
chewie
Fat Freddy
Akeldama
S.D.
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 12:04 pm

If I have something I feel like contributing I'll stop in.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks

corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 2:39 pm

It's good to see you around there brother. Smile
Back to top Go down
corplhicks

corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 3:27 pm

Painkiller's back. Yay.

You know, his first few posts had a good nature about them, and i was thinking he turned a leaf, but it's like he warmed up and boom the arrogant bitch came out to pay. Dude isn't even a troll. My vote is ban the fucker.
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 3:28 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Painkiller's back. Yay.

You know, his first few posts had a good nature about them, and i was thinking he turned a leaf, but it's like he warmed up and boom the arrogant bitch came out to pay. Dude isn't even a troll. My vote is ban the fucker.

Yeah, ban him because he has zero "musical merit"
Back to top Go down
corplhicks

corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 4:30 pm

Lol that should totally be in the forum rules Laughing
Back to top Go down
corplhicks

corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 1:39 pm

And Fat Freddy gets a standing ovation.

Seriously, man; you just made my day. laughing very hard laughing very hard laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 5:36 pm

^^ Referring to my response to Borat, the Iranian rock n roll tampon terrorist? Why, thank you. I was rather proud of that one myself. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
corplhicks

corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 6:17 pm

Yup that's the one haha
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 7:33 pm

The douche bags seem to be at it again today....... ToB really pisses me off, the guy's band absolutely sucks, the songs are piss-poor (and they do try and follow a formula and it's an epic fail.) Then he has the balls to criticize other's songwriting skills when his are below piss poor level. I listened to the band, the guitars are not even in time to the drums, it sounds awful.

OK - rant over.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks

corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 12:33 am

Tob is an anomaly. Is as though he chooses to severely disagree with any informed opinion, and while i respect his opinion it seems that he doesn't want to respect anyone else's. I gotta say his snarky, condescending comment threw me off, but whatever. I haven't heard his band yet (Scott apparently has lavished then with praise) or his vocal work, but according to him it's the most original thrash out there. Hmm.

And Ryche songs like Empire were amazing. :-)
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 12:39 am

TOB and Lurideath could both be blasted into space and I'd be happy with that.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks

corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 1:21 am

Lol!
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 7:56 am

corplhicks wrote:
Tob is an anomaly. Is as though he chooses to severely disagree with any informed opinion, and while i respect his opinion it seems that he doesn't want to respect anyone else's. I gotta say his snarky, condescending comment threw me off, but whatever. I haven't heard his band yet (Scott apparently has lavished then with praise) or his vocal work, but according to him it's the most original thrash out there. Hmm.

And Ryche songs like Empire were amazing. :-)

Scott generally supports anyone in the Christian Thrash movement, Here you go - remember how he was complaining about "formula"? This song is 1000% formula:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M57gmPNdBJY

Hey, they can play No Remorse too (which is a very easy Metallica song to learn):

Back to top Go down
corplhicks

corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 10:18 am

Yeah that sounds like low-rent Overkill meets Slayer, and the structure they're using is common. Meh.

I thought they were supposed to be all unorthodox and shit, according to him lol.
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 1:50 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Yeah that sounds like low-rent Overkill meets Slayer, and the structure they're using is common. Meh.

I thought they were supposed to be all unorthodox and shit, according to him lol.

Well, he is full of shit, so.....

BTW - there were some live clips of TOB that have been removed from youtube, shortly after I called ToB out for not being able to stay in time (this was a 3-4 years ago)... the sounded horrible and the timing was pretty bad...
Back to top Go down
corplhicks

corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 2:22 pm

theJOKERiv wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

BTW - there were some live clips of TOB that have been removed from youtube, shortly after I called ToB out for not being able to stay in time (this was a 3-4 years ago)... the sounded horrible and the timing was pretty bad...

LOL that's telling. How did he take the criticism? I'll have to look that thread up.
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:01 am

corplhicks wrote:
theJOKERiv wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

LOL that's telling. How did he take the criticism? I'll have to look that thread up.

Acted like he didn't know what I was talking about... if I remember correctly, I said something about a band he was attacking and said "at least they can play in time"

I pretty much don't respond to his posts at all any more - not worth getting worked up about.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks

corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 10:33 am

Yeah i try to practice restraint with him because in the end it becomes similar to arguing with a troll. But sometimes it can be so damn hard haha.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 7:06 am

I actually heard T.O.B. before I joined Heart of Metal - their pic & info appeared in the "shorts" section of Metal Maniacs magazine (a classified/contact section for tape traders, unsigned bands,etc.) - if memory serves one of the members was wearing an Overkill "Under the Influence" t-shirt in their photo and that was enough to get me to check them out (haha)...I think I listened to a few tracks on their MySpace (!!) and was unimpressed...
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 8:38 am

corplhicks wrote:
Yeah i try to practice restraint with him because in the end it becomes similar to arguing with a troll. But sometimes it can be so damn hard haha.

ToB - the HoM troll - LOL!
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 6:00 pm

I'm not going to waste any more of my time in that Opeth thread on HOM. I was going to respond to Runicen again and then I asked myself: "Is it really worth arguing with someone that uses a professional wrestling avatar?". The answer was a firm NO.

Razz
Back to top Go down
corplhicks

corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 10:00 pm

Yeah i don't understand why the guy thinks one spin is all it takes to appreciate complex music (and deem it "dynamic" or not). And he really needs to tighten up his posts. Five paragraphs is just redundant.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks

corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 2:26 pm

Someone please explain Glower's writing style to me. I've asked him straight and he won't tell. Dude is US native so it's not a language barrier. It's like he writes songs for posts. Example:

"This is when and where I get my ideas on future CD's to buy !
Without question - " Seek and Destroy " exploded me with happiness and joy -
I heard it on a college radio station Sunday night -
and immediately everyone called up and wanted to hear more -
that LP was a jet rocket to the top for them - that made every metal band look bad - lol -
Everyone was somewhat aware of " Am I Evil " song -
talk was being talked in all the underground metal clubs etc -
even with Dave Mustaine kicked out and forming his own band - what times !
" Ride The Lightning " was one super duper follow up LP - forget it !
I even stopped playing guitar soon after that -
NO WAY could I even touch those blazing hot and angry riffs -
too bad about Cliff Burton - that accident - was right up there - with Randy Rhodes - as far as I'm concerned. "
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 2:46 pm

I have no idea but i was gonna say I have nothing against Toho Studios but every time I see his name I hear it being sung out like "Sussudio".
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 5:55 pm

I don't know how anyone listens to as many sleaze and AC/DC clone bands as he does.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...   a month since leaving Heart Of Metal... - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a month since leaving Heart Of Metal...
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next